Benefits in Communicating Cyber Risks for a MSP to SMB
There are benefits in communicating cyber risks for a MSP (managed service provider) to their SMB (small to medium business) clients and below are 5 of them.
SMB’s are generally focused on bringing in sales and concerned with business growth. Having an IT team of professionals can be costly to a small business. Opting to work with a MSP can draw benefits for a SMB too.
Benefits for a SMB to work with MSPs
- MSPs provide guidance and direction
- Detect issues and solve technical queries before they become a larger problem
- MSP’s can enhance an existing IT team
- Reduce the cost of a full IT team by being the outsourced team
- Allow a business to scale with business needs
MSP’s are required for small businesses because the small business may feel that they are not a target to cyber attacks due to the size of business. However, 43% of cyberattacks target small businesses according to The Ponemon Institute. A survey by AT&T revealed that only 53% of businesses with less than 50 employees place a high priority on cybersecurity compared to two thirds of a larger organization.
Hackers are continually targeting small businesses and this needs to be communicated by the MSP to their small business client and how operating in a small secure environment is essential to avoid costly business disruptions from cyber issues.
5 Ways for MSP to Communicate with their SMB about Cyber Risks
- Blogging and social media — sharing weekly updates on what is happening around you by utilising the likes of wordpress and cascading it via social media channels.
- Cybersecurity Audit — perform an audit that makes clients aware of how vulnerable their work may be for hackers to access.
- Live Seminars and Webinar — provide information via online and in-person on issues on cybersecurity by presenting to your audiences.
- Newsletters — keep clients updated with the latest trends and alerts on cybersecurity issues.
- Phishing simulations — using this method of training can assist in bringing home how easy it is to click on anything and what consequences it can bring to the SMB.
A MSP who can stay at the forefront of their customers needs and create value can help consolidate the business relationship with their client and create a competitive advantage.